Simple Chicken Fajitas to make with kids
14 / 04 / 2020
These days, turn your kitchen into a special haven— somewhere you can enjoy and spend more time with your loved ones, preparing one of these delicious recipes we have for you. This week, give this recipe for Chicken Fajitas a try.
Ingredients for 4 people:
– 4 chicken breasts
– 2 red peppers, 2 green peppers, 2 yellow peppers
– 1 red onion and 2 white onions
– 1 piece of Cheddar cheese
– Fajita seasoning (in a packet)
– 8 wheat tortillas
Slice the chicken breasts into strips. Sear for a few seconds in a pan with a little oil and set aside.
Slice vegetables into strips and rings. Sauté for half an hour in the same oil used for the chicken.
Add two or three tablespoons of fajita seasoning.
Stir over low heat for a few minutes to blend the flavours well.
Add the chicken that you set aside and stir again. Leave for a while until the chicken is cooked through and remove from heat.
Grate a good-sized piece of Cheddar cheese, or whatever cheese you have at home, and set aside.
Transfer the mix to a dish, preferably terracotta or ceramic as these materials retain heat longer.
In a pan, heat the tortillas 30 seconds on each side, so they are warm and slightly crispy.
Each person prepares their own fajita, filling a tortilla with the chicken, vegetables and cheese.
Note: You can use only one kind of pepper and the onion you have at home. Different-coloured peppers and red onion will add colour to the recipe, but it will be just as tasty without them.
The seasoning and the tortillas are easily found in supermarkets. They are sold in a pack or separately, but you can also make them yourself.
– Seasoning: 2 teaspoons of garlic powder, 2 teaspoons of cumin, 2 teaspoons of thyme, 1 teaspoon of ginger, 1 teaspoon of black pepper, 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon of salt. It doesn’t matter if you’re missing some of these ingredients. The point is to make your fajita sauce flavourful.
– Tortillas: 250 g of flour, 125 ml of lukewarm water, 50 ml of oil, 1 teaspoon of baking powder and 1 teaspoon of salt. Combine everything until you get a ball of dough. Let stand for 30 minutes and form the tortillas pinching off small balls and rolling them out with a rolling pin. Cook the tortillas in a frying pan.
Subscribe and we’ll keep you updated on the latest news on our kitchens.